Ranked #5 Hotel in Nanjing
Rated by 829 Hotel Guests
Top 3 Nationalities of Hotel Guests
- "Very comfortable, clean and peaceful hotel in Nanjing"Oct 21, 2015
- "Great hotel in a local area of the city"Oct 21, 2015
- "Not Qualify a 5-Star Hotel"Oct 20, 2015
No booking fees. Best price guaranteed Availability at Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
|Room type||# of guests in room|
1 Queen Bed
Sleeps 2 guests (up to 1 child)
|Superior Twin Room||
2 Single Beds
Sleeps 2 guests (up to 1 child)
We Shop Best Price for You
We always have the best discounts and offers on Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
But if you do find a lower price on Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined, Kayak, Orbitz, SkyScanner, Wotif, TripAdvisor, Trivago or WeGo we will match the price.
FACT-More Than 90% of Travellers Don't Know the Answers to These Basic Questions
- How do I find my way around?
- How do I communicate with people?
- Can I access the Internet and phone?
- What happens if I get sick?
- What if I need help?
- How do I make my trip memorable?
Book Now and Get Your Must-Have Gifts for Free
Easy To Get Hotel By Taxi, Zero Worry On Getting Lost
- Your hotel name and address in Chinese
- Your hotel local phone number
- Interactive map of attractions & restaurants nearby your hotel
Find Your Way with Ease
- 47 pages of the most frequently used Chinese phrases in English
- Helpful for: restaurants, shopping, nightlife, health and emergency services & so much more!
Travel With Confidence in China for Leisure and Business
- 28 pages on DOs and DON'Ts in China
- Cultivate better business relations through advice on appropriate behavior
- Learn proper etiquette to communicate more effectively with locals
- Immerse yourself in Chinese customs and culture for a richer
How to get to the hotel?
Get to Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
It usually takes about half an hour to get a taxi at the airport
As a public transport tool, taxi is not possible to be a best comfort choice by travelers:
- most taxi cars are very old which makes the cleanliness is not at a high standard
- most drivers cannot speak English, the communicate with the driver is hard
The average price of Nanjing taxi is about CNY 25 - CNY 30 ($3.91 - $4.69) per 10km (6.25 miles) (the price may vary depends on the traffic status)
Get to Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
There are many exchange subway stations from the airport subway station to the nearest subway station to the hotel. And also finding a best way to the hotel from the nearest subway station is a problem for some travelers
The experience by taking subway from the airport to the exchange subway station is usually good but after that it's horrible because most subway stations in China are usually full of people which makes travelers have no chance to even get a seat
The cost of taking subway from the airport to the nearest subway station to the hotel is less than CNY 30 ($4.69)
The nearest subway station to the hotel is:Xuanwumen
The distance between Xuanwumen station to Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing is 2.44 km (1.53 miles)
Get to Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing by hotel shuttle bus
The door-to-door pick up service offered by Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing is always a good choice in terms of the convenience. Travelers no need to waste any time on waiting at the airport
The hotel driver will cover all your travel needs during the way from the airport to the hotel. And the car usually is very good, clean and comfortable
The cost of using hotel pick up service is always expensive. The airport shuttle fee of Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing is ABC
After finish the booking at Nehow.com, you can contact the hotel to ask them arrange the hotel shuttle bus for you. You can find the hotel contact information at the manage booking page
Get to Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing by using Nehow Pickup Service
The door-to-door pick up service offered by Nehow.com is always the best choice. You will meet your private driver at the exit on the right. You can also call our 24/7 custom support if you need any help at the airport
Most cars we used are pretty new, and the car for you will be cleaned before your private driver goes to the airport
In most cases, the cost of Nehow Pickup Service is much cheaper than hotel pick up service. And sometimes the cost of Nehow Pickup Service is even close to the cost by taxi(depends on the traffic status).
The cost of Nehow Pickup Service is:ABC
After you finish your hotel booking, you'll get an email on how to book Nehow pickup service. And also you can find that information on the manage booking page
Location of Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
- No.9 Shanxi Road, Nanjing, China
What's In the Hotel
- Free WiFi
- Safe-deposit Box
- Shopping on Site show more
- Gift Shop
- Porter & Bellhop
- Number of restaurants - 5
- Number of floors - 6
- Total number of rooms - 278
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Laundry Facilities
- Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service show more
- Luggage Storage
- Business Center
- Meeting Room
- Frontdesk Service (24 Hours)
- Tours/Ticket Assistance
- Express Check-in
- Express Check-out
- Indoor Pool
- Health Club show more
- Spa Tub
- Tennis on Site
- Hair Salon
- Breakfast (Surcharge)
- Bar & Lounge show more
- Coffee Shop
- Malay show more
Good to Know
Check in from 2:00 PM
Check out until 12:00 PM
Pets not allowed
Brought to you by Reviews of Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
Very comfortable, clean and peaceful hotel in Nanjing
Dan TCambridge, United Kingdom | Oct 21, 2015 | Trip type: Business
I stayed here for 3 nights on business. Check in staff were fast and efficient. Room was on 38th floor so no street noise. Very large, quiet, clean and well appointed room - recently refurbished would guess. The restaurant had a very wide array of food for all tastes. Nice pool. Would be happy to stay again. A little bit slow at check-out so allow plenty of time for that.
Great hotel in a local area of the city
Christopher BHk | Oct 21, 2015 | Trip type: Solo travel
Rooms are perfect with a nice view. The executive lounge was not too crowded and the food was really delicious. Actually I was the only one customer when I went there. Staff was very nice. Fitness room was modern. Unfortunately didn't have the time to try the pool.
Only one bad side : need a cab to go anywhere in Nanjing. There is not much around the hotel.
Not Qualify a 5-Star Hotel
kazamasyo8623Singapore | Oct 20, 2015 | Trip type: Solo travel
Let me summary some issues for your improvement:
1. Check in: After I checked in, the view of the room was not good, hence I requested to change a room, front desk was very nice and helpful on my request, however, the staff responsible for cleaning the room was not professional, they promised to prepare a room for me in 50 minutes, however, they just like totally forgot I was waiting, and they just dropped the cleaning and went to finish some kind of survey...anyway, in the end, thanks to Larry, he managed to change the room for me.
2. While I was waiting for my new room, I was trying to use the complimentary beverage coupon in the lounge bar. I didn't know what happened, but I had been seating for half an hour and no one served me, and I saw a man who looks like a management staff, I asked him where the staff in the bar and who should order for me, but he was busy with welcoming some Europeans group, I assumed there must be some special event, and the European group must be your VIP, so this is why you could ignore me? Just because I was alone, just because I don't look like your European? At the beginning I was trying to communicate in Chinese, after all I am in China, however, they thought I was some local customer and didn't deserve the service, maybe the staff here were only trained for serve Europeans and Americans I guess, in the end I had to speak English, oh, they finally realized I was also their VIP as I speak English, how pathetic...
So this is why I can only rate this hotel as a 3-star hotel, I have to be honest to myself, and all the people who might visit this hotel, I will have to let them know do NOT expect too much to a 3-star hotel, that's all.
Used to be better
BiztravelGermanyGermany | Oct 15, 2015 | Trip type: Business
In the past I really liked this hotel, now the service deterioated quite a bit (slow check-in, room service food was incomplete, service at breakfast also slow), location is central, rooms are quite big but are getting a bit run down
Wow comes to mind
Matthew WPerth, Australia | Sep 29, 2015 | Trip type: Business
Grand on the grandest scale by Chinese standards. Executive rooms are massive - I got lost looking for the shower! Executive level is spacious with good views but the service offering are not to the levels of other Chinese hotels I have stayed in, but the amenities are second to none.
Additional Information about Sofitel Galaxy Hotel Nanjing
Sofitel Galaxy Nanjing is a 48-story tower, located in the heart of the business and entertainment district. The hotel features 278 rooms, 3 restaurants, 2 bars, a fitness center, luxurious spa and heated indoor swimming pool. Two of the region's major attractions, the Ming Tombs and famous Confucius Temple, are located less than 10 kilometers from the hotel.
- Sofitel Galaxy Nanjing Hotel Nanjing
- Accor Galaxy Nanjing
- Sofitel Nanjing
- Nanjing Sofitel
If you have booked this hotel via our site, you can manage your booking online.
If you represent the official hotel chain or the individual property, you can update the hotel details and promotional offers via the GM Management Form.