Ranked #9 Hotel in Shanghai
Rated by 1,736 Hotel Guests
Top 3 Nationalities of Hotel Guests
- "Excellent Stay in Heritage Hotel"May 16, 2018
- "Great Location, Amazing Rooms and an Incredible Concierge!"May 15, 2018
- "Classy hotel."May 15, 2018
Highlights of Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
Preferred Choice of local and foreign celebrities, counting Charlie Chaplin
World-famous Old Jazz Band and abundant art deco styles await guests
The restaurant in the hotel offers top class cuisines
Recommended for shopping and sightseeing
The hotel overlooks The Bund as well as the scenic Huangpu River
Located right next the Bund and is a 5-minute walk from Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street
Walking through gives you a sense of the history
Guests can have a relaxing day at the pool and get a treatment at Stream Spa
Free WiFi and Free Parking
Tai-chi class is also accessible upon reservation
No booking fees. Best price guaranteed Availability at Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
|Room type||# of guests in room|
1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
Sleeps 4 guests (up to 1 child)
1 King Bed
Sleeps 2 guests (up to 1 child)
|Fairmont Gold King||
1 King Bed
Sleeps 3 guests (up to 1 child)
|One Bedroom Suite||
1 King Bed
Sleeps 3 guests (up to 1 child)
|Signature Riverview Suites||
1 King Bed
Sleeps 3 guests (up to 1 child)
We Shop Best Price for You
We always have the best discounts and offers on Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
But if you do find a lower price on Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined, Kayak, Orbitz, SkyScanner, Wotif, TripAdvisor, Trivago or WeGo we will match the price.
FACT-More Than 90% of Travellers Don't Know the Answers to These Basic Questions
- How do I find my way around?
- How do I communicate with people?
- Can I access the Internet and phone?
- What happens if I get sick?
- What if I need help?
- How do I make my trip memorable?
Book Now and Get Your Must-Have Gifts for Free
Easy To Get Hotel By Taxi, Zero Worry On Getting Lost
- Your hotel name and address in Chinese
- Your hotel local phone number
- Interactive map of attractions & restaurants nearby your hotel
Find Your Way with Ease
- 47 pages of the most frequently used Chinese phrases in English
- Helpful for: restaurants, shopping, nightlife, health and emergency services & so much more!
Travel With Confidence in China for Leisure and Business
- 28 pages on DOs and DON'Ts in China
- Cultivate better business relations through advice on appropriate behavior
- Learn proper etiquette to communicate more effectively with locals
- Immerse yourself in Chinese customs and culture for a richer
How to get to the hotel?
Get to Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
It usually takes at least half an hour to get a taxi at the airport because of the long waiting queue
As a public transport tool, taxi is not possible to be a best comfort choice by travelers:
- most taxi cars are very old which makes the cleanliness is not at a high standard
- most drivers cannot speak English, the communicate with the driver is hard
The average price of Shanghai taxi is about CNY 35 - CNY 70 ($5.48 - $10.95) per 10km (6.25 miles) (the price may vary depends on the traffic status)
Get to Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
It usually takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport subway station after check out from the custom. Travelers may need to exchange many subway stations to the nearest subway station to the hotel. After that, finding a best way to the hotel from the nearest subway station is also a problem for some travelers
The experience by taking subway from the airport to the exchange subway station is usually good but after that it's horrible because most subway stations in China are usually full of people which makes travelers have no chance to even get a seat
The cost of taking subway from the airport to the nearest subway station to the hotel is less than CNY 50 ($7.82)
The nearest subway station to the hotel is:Nanjing East Road
The distance between Nanjing East Road station to Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai is 0.63 km (0.39 miles)
Get to Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai by hotel shuttle bus
The door-to-door pick up service offered by Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai is always a good choice in terms of the convenience. Travelers no need to waste any time on waiting at the airport
The hotel driver will cover all your travel needs during the way from the airport to the hotel. And the car usually is very good, clean and comfortable
The cost of using hotel pick up service is always expensive. The airport shuttle fee of Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai is ￥800.00 ($125.15) per vehicle (roundtrip)
After finish the booking at Nehow.com, you can contact the hotel to ask them arrange the hotel shuttle bus for you. You can find the hotel contact information at the manage booking page
Get to Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai by using Nehow Pickup Service
The door-to-door pick up service offered by Nehow.com is always the best choice. You will meet your private driver at the exit on the right. You can also call our 24/7 custom support if you need any help at the airport
Most cars we used are pretty new, and the car for you will be cleaned before your private driver goes to the airport
In most cases, the cost of Nehow Pickup Service is much cheaper than hotel pick up service. And sometimes the cost of Nehow Pickup Service is even close to the cost by taxi(depends on the traffic status).
The cost of Nehow Pickup Service is from ￥351.51 ($54.99) per vehicle (one way)
After you finish your hotel booking, you'll get an email on how to book Nehow pickup service. And also you can find that information on the manage booking page
Location of Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
- The hotel overlooks The Bund as well as the scenic Huangpu River
- Located right next the Bund and is a 5-minute walk from Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street
- No.20 Nanjing East Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China
- Nanjing East Road
- The Bund (Wai Tan)
- Bund International Architecture Exhibition
- Pearl city Market
- Daming Cinema Nanjing West Road Shop
- Yanwu space rockclimbing center
- Nanjing Lu (Nanjing Road)
- Yuyuan Old Street
What's In the Hotel
- WiFi (Surcharge)
- Wired High-speed Internet (Surcharge)
- Free Self Parking
- Parking (Limited Spaces) show more
- RV, Bus, Truck Parking
- Lobby Newspaper
- Safe-deposit Box show more
- Shopping on Site
- Gift Shop
- Designated Smoking Areas
- Porter & Bellhop
- Number of restaurants - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Number of floors - 11
- Concierge Services
- Airport Transportation (Surcharge) show more
- Free Train Station Pickup
- Laundry Facilities
- Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service
- Multilingual Staff
- Luggage Storage
- Business Center
- Conference space size (feet) - 8074
- Meeting Room
- Conference Center
- Conference space size (meters) - 750
- Frontdesk Service (24 Hours)
- Spa on Site
- Limo/Town Car Service
- Tours/Ticket Assistance
- Wedding Services
- Express Check-in
- Express Check-out
- Area Shuttle (Surcharge)
- Casino Shuttle (Surcharge)
- Cruise Terminal Shuttle (Surcharge)
- Ferry Terminal Shuttle (Surcharge)
- Shopping Center Shuttle (Surcharge)
- Theme Park Shuttle (Surcharge)
- Indoor Pool
- Health Club show more
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Steam Room
- Grocery/Convenience Store
- Breakfast (Surcharge)
- Snack Bar show more
- Coffee/Tea In Lobby
- Coffee Shop
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Korean show more
Enjoy Your Room
- Air Conditioning
- Private Bathroom show more
- Second Bathroom
- Separate Lounge Area
- Down Comforter
- Egyptian Cotton Sheets
- In-Room Safe
- Free Bottled Water
- Blackout Curtains
- Soundproofed Rooms
- Complimentary Newspaper
- Hair Dryer
- Complimentary Toiletries show more
- Designer Toiletries
- Iron in Room
- Rainfall Shower
- Separate Bathtub and Shower
- Premium Bedding
- Pillow Menu
- DVD Player in the Room show more
- Video Game Console in the Room
- iPod Docking Station
- Pay Movies
- Climate Control
- Flat-Panel TV
- Premium TV Channels
- Satellite TV Service
- Microwave show more
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Espresso Maker
- Daily Housekeeping
- In-Room Childcare/Babysitting show more
- In-Room Massage Service
- Turndown Service
Good to Know
Check in from 2:00 PM
Check out until 12:00 PM
Pets not allowed
Children are welcome
Cribs (infant beds) are available
Brought to you by Reviews of Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
Excellent Stay in Heritage Hotel
Thya AMay 16, 2018 | Trip type: Couples
I Stay for 4 nights in this hotel. The staff are very helpful. The lady in the front office suggest us to take the other side of the building because the nanjing road is under construction and will be noisy at night. Very helpful tips.
The Hotel is amazing, we love the ambience, such a beautiful art deco building. It is well maintained, and clean. They still have a alley and room which become small museums, where they exhibit some ancient movie posters & shooting properties of the famous movie which taking place there. A lot of pople just come by to take picture in front of this heritage hotel .
The room also amazing, good bed, good bath tub. Everything is perfect. They have some hollywood movies for free too.
They have a rooftop cafe facing the bund, but when i came on March, the weather still cold, (7 - 10 c) so its not open . The location is also great, facing the bund, nanjing road shopping street and yuyuan garden is walking distance !! Shoping and eat is so easy there.
The only unpleasant thing happens, is every around 6 pm, a cleaner lady will knock your door and ring the bell consistently, asking do we need them to close the curtain :)
So i really enjoy stay there, even enjoy the cup of cappuccino in the cafe down the hotel. WIll come back there for sure.
Great Location, Amazing Rooms and an Incredible Concierge!
Garen AMay 15, 2018 | Trip type: Friends getaway
I am not often usually very impressed by hotels. The Fairmont, however, is not your usual hotel. I was blown away by so many of the aspects of this hotel. Let's go down the list, shall we?
1. The Building: Reminiscent of something you'd see casually lingering in the streets of Europe, the Fairmont is a beautiful piece of architecture. It has nice several hallways that converge into a main foyer which branches off into several sections (one being the main entrance and check in area). The inside of the building is stunning, with high ceiling and beautiful marble everywhere you look. Since the room wasn't ready when I checked in, they took me to the spa so I could freshen up, and it was really nice inside - nice pool, private showers, etc. My only gripe about the building generally is that the elevators were on the smaller side, but that isn't uncommon in the area.
2. The Rooms: Our room was impeccable. Clean and spacious with plenty of amenities and, most importantly, great wifi. It has everything you'd want in a modern hotel (tv/safe/gas mask?) with the exception of a fridge, which would have been nice but wasn't all that necessary. Also upon arrival they send up complimentary apples, so that was nice.
3. The Staff: Generally speaking everyone at the hotel was very nice... but my heart is still with our concierge Lily who was a Godsend and helped us in so very many ways. She is completely in tune with where to eat, what places to visit, etc. She was very real with us, not recommending just touristy things, but things that we would actually enjoy doing. I think a concierge is most important when visiting a foreign country, and this proved that point. Lily helped arrange tickets for us, made restaurant reservations for us, would call around to see how to get to places. Anything we needed, she was there. I hope she knows how much her kindness and professionalism were appreciated by us, and many others at the hotel. If you read this, Lily, thanks again!
4. The Location: As far as location goes, I think the Fairmont is perfectly situated. It's literally on the bund, so you can go out for a nighttime stroll and view the skyline. It's also on Nanjing Road (the big pedestrian street) so you can quickly join the throngs of tourists going out for food/shopping. Lastly, it's only a few blocks from the metro, which made it easy to get around.
5. The Food/Drinks: I don't often go to hotel restaurants when traveling, because I am all about exploring the world around me. Why stay in when there's a whole world to see outside. Sometimes, however, it just makes more sense to so certain things at the hotel. The two places at the Fairmont I would suggest were: A) The Terrace (which may or may not be the actual name) - this is a terrace bar at the Fairmont. Initially I just went here to have a quick drink before going out on the town, but I actually really like this spot. It's outdoors and has a great view of the water and the financial district skyline. The drinks were well made and it wasn't crowded, which was nice. B) The Dragon Phoenix Restaurant: I love the name of this, since they basically just took two mythical creatures and stuck them together, but with food like this they can do whatever they want and I'd still go back. This was a Lily recommendation. We were running a bit late for a show at night and wanted duck somewhere so she suggested our hotel restaurant. The duck would take about 30 minutes to prepare, just enough time for us to get ready. I have to say it was an amazing meal. The chef comes out and cuts the crispy duck skin in front of you. Then you eat those pieces on rice pancakes with cucumbers and that sweet sauce that duck places have that I love so much. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I was very impressed by the dishes and would highly suggest anyone visiting the city to try it. Note that this restaurant is pricey, so just be aware.
I think that's about it. Overall I cannot say enough good things about this Hotel. I love the location, the building, the food and most of all ... the staff (but obviously Lily the most). I'm hoping I will get the chance to visit again someday soon!
Rob MScottish Borders, United Kingdom | May 15, 2018 | Trip type: Couples
This is a classy in an ideal location on the Bundt. Room superb in terms of space, quality & amenities. We stayed 3 nights & really enjoyed the hotel. Had a very good meal in the Dragon restaurant - though service was poor as it was very busy. If we return to Shanghai we would stay here again.
Amazing customer service
Sally PAmersham, United Kingdom | May 15, 2018 | Trip type: Business
Wonderful hotel - lots of character and great location. Highly recommended.
Have to recommend Irene - gold lounge customer service manager - I managed to leave my phone & pair of shoes - I am reunited with both.
Fantastic High Tea
gerdinarobertsonLondon, Canada | May 15, 2018 | Trip type: Friends getaway
Stopped by this hotel on Mother’s Day and a friend’s birthday for High Tea. Vean our hostess was kind enough to seat us early. She was very professional and kind. The service was impeccable and the tea and sandwiches and deserts were delicious. Myself and another mother in our party we’re treated to flowers and the birthday friend was treated to a rendition of Happy Birthday by the pianist and Ella the manager arranged for a birthday cheesecake. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it. Thanks to a Vean and Ella!
Additional Information about Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
Shanghai's legendary landmark since 1929, the Fairmont Peace Hotel, overlooking Shanghai's Huangpu River and the world famous Bund, boasts a history that overshadows that of any other hotel in the Far East. With its origins dating back more than a century, this beloved landmark served as a glamorous playground for the elite of Shanghai, where every night was an extravagant gala event and veritable Parisian fashion show. After our three year meticulous restoration, the romantic history and social significance which made the Fairmont Peace Hotel a Shanghai legend has returned with its timeless grandeur - and a new and contemporary spirit. Each guestroom and suite has been luxuriously decorated with opulent furnishings and modern amenities - providing the guest with an experience that is both indulgent and exquisite.
- Peace Hotel Shanghai
If you have booked this hotel via our site, you can manage your booking online.
If you represent the official hotel chain or the individual property, you can update the hotel details and promotional offers via the GM Management Form.