Great Wall of China Mutianyu Section Tour by Cable Car
Location: Beijing, China
- Explore one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Wall of China at the Mutianyu section
- Ride the cable car to the top for stunning views and time to explore
- Visit a traditional Cloisonné factory and buy unique souvenir gifts
Pick-up from hotels in Beijing
Drop-off at hotels in Beijing
What You Can Expect
Mutianyu Great Wall
This full-day tour of the Great Wall of China’s Mutianyu section takes you to the northern countryside to enjoy the relaxing mountains and streams. As you escape the hustle and bustle of the city, you will experience a much slower pace as you go deep into the serene landscape to discover one of the Great Wall of China’s most majestic sections. Upon arrival at the foot of the wall, take the cable car to the top. The section is older than the famous Badaling section and would provide a more challenging climb of 1,400 steps without the cable car. Snaking its way through the Yanshan Mountains, north of Huaiou, the wall contains interesting features, such as densely packed watchtowers and crenelated parapets. You will have plenty of time to experience the majesty of this ancient wonder. Once you have descended the wall, stop at a nearby Cloisonné factory, to discover how the ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects is still practiced today. Produced by covering many different steps before becoming a beautiful craftwork, you can buy some unique Cloisonné souvenirs before your return to Beijing.
Once you have descended the wall, stop at a nearby Cloisonné factory, to discover how the ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects is still practiced today. Produced by covering many different steps before becoming a beautiful craftwork, you can buy some unique Cloisonné souvenirs before your return to Beijing.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sightseeing tour
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Parking fee & toll fee where applicable
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Gratuities to the tour guide and driver
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Traveler insurance
- The approximate day tour itinerary and schedule is for reference only and may vary according to your travel date and group size. The Itinerary and schedule is subject to change at the time booking order is confirmed
- Tour duration: about 6 hours
- Departure days: every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
- Tour starts at 09:45-11:15 at Beijing hotels
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you
Tour good but website and tour description need to be better
ElizabethFerndown, United Kingdom | Nov 2, 2015
Tour was very good and the lunch was good too. Tourists need to be aware that the tour takes about 11 hours in all once pick up and travel to/from the wall is included. Tourists also need to be aware that the walk up to the cable car is very steep.
DanielPerly, Switzerland | Jul 27, 2015
The visit start with a Jade factory store. In fact, is more a store than a factory, because we didn't learn so much about jade, but the shop is really big. I didn't feel any pressure to buy but, we're in China, it means that when you're looking to something, there's someone that came to you and says you like it?good price :)... We went after to the great wall and it was amazing. A lot of people but nothing that makes you feel oppressed. We spend ~2 hours on the wall (it's a minimum I think). The lunch was really good, typical Chinese food ( rice, pork, chicken, eggplants,...) On the way back, we stop in a tea shop to try some tea and of course to bye. The tea looks to be really good quality and the price is not that expensive. Thank you for the tour, and I think it's a "must see" place.
Very good tour with good guide
WendySemaphore Park, Australia | Nov 29, 2012
We were picked up at our hotel at the arranged time - then picked up other guest - only 5 of us on the tour - guide Shine was very informative - we stopped at jade factory on the way to the wall - very interesting until we went into the showroom where the pressure was on to buy !! then off to the wall at Mutianyu - the climb from the carpark to the cable car was quite hard especially if elderly - then the final 10 steps to get on the actual wall were difficult - despite this it was a marvellous experience and well worth the effort. Lunch at the Chinese restaurant was very good - on the way back to Beijing we stopped at a tea house for a tea ceremony - interesting but once again the main purpose is to get you to spend money!! All in all the trip was very good value and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.