Imperial Beijing Guided Day-tour
Location: Beijing, China
- See the most important attractions of the Imperial city in just a day
- Enjoy a fun and informative tour led by a professional guide
- Visit Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace
- Relax with round-trip-transportation
- Savor a traditional Chinese lunch
- Enjoy a fun visit to a fresh-water pearl workshop
Pick-up from your hotel in the morning.
Drop-off at your hotel in the evening.
What You Can Expect
The tour begins at Tiananmen Square. This is one of the biggest city center squares in the world and is regarded as the symbol of New China. Learn about the historic and turbulent events of the square told by your professional local guide. Originally commissioned by Emperor Yong Le in the Ming Dynasty, the Forbidden City has been the seat of power for centuries. The building has seen countless battles and reconstruction, and the architecture you can see today dates from the 1700s. The Forbidden City is also known as the Imperial Palace Museum, with all the art and splendor of China available for you to see.
Temple of Heaven
Visit the Temple of Heaven. This is China’s largest temple and altar complex, and an extraordinary example of religious architecture dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch
Visit the Summer Palace. Used for 8 centuries, the Empress Dowager Cixi renovated the entire building in the 19th century. This impressive work of renovation includes the manmade lake seen today.
Chinese Fresh Water Pearl Workshop
You will also stop by at the Chinese fresh-water pearl workshop where you can learn how pearls are processed and make into jewelry. This is a great chance for a spot of souvenir shopping.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off and sightseeing
- Entrance fees to scenic spots
- Parking fee and toll fee wherever applicable
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, and hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you