Beijing: Full-Day Cultural Tour with Lunch
Location: Beijing, China
- Visit the Summer Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tour the Lama Temple and learn about the Tibetan Buddhist monks living there
- Ride a rickshaw through the city's hutongs
- Attend a Chinese freshwater pearl workshop
- Enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch
Pickup from hotel in the morning.
Return to hotel when finished.
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins at the Lama Temple, officially known as the Yonghe Temple. The temple is a Buddhist lamasery of the Yellow Hat sect, which is mainly associated with Tibet. Inside the temple, in the center of the Pavilion of Ten Thousand Happinesses, stands a grand statue, a 26 meter tall Tathagagata (Maitreya) Buddha made from a single Tibetan sandalwood tree.
Next, continue by rickshaw to see the city's hutongs. These teeming mazes of alleys, connected by traditional courtyard residences, will provide you with a glimpse of the daily life of ordinary Beijing citizens.
After a stop for lunch, visit the Summer Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Used for 8 centuries, the Empress Dowager Cixi had the estate renovated in the 19th century, including the manmade lake present today.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop off
- Sightseeing program
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Parking and toll fees
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Traveler's insurance
- The approximate day tour itinerary and schedule above is for reference only, and may vary according to your travel date and group size
- The itinerary and schedule is subject to change at the time the booking order is confirmed
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you