Beijing: Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City Half-Day Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Wander around the world's largest public square
- Gaze in awe at the monumental scale of Tiananmen Square
Pick-up from Beijing hotels.
Drop-off at Beijing hotels.
What You Can Expect
Starting with a morning pick-up from your hotel, you will head for the world's largest public square, located in the center of Beijing. Admire the imposing architecture, including Tiananmen Tower, Monument to the People's Heroes, Great Hall of the People and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum. Catch your breath at the sheer scale of it all, but don’t relax too much.
Next you will go to the legendary Forbidden City, also known as the Imperial Palace Museum where the history of the Ming and Qing dynasties is represented throughout 4 palatial halls, together with treasures from previous dynasties collected by the Ming and Qing emperors. For almost five hundred years, the Forbidden City served as home to emperors and their households, as well acting as the ceremonial and political center of Chinese government. Built in the early 15th-Century, the complex consists of 980 buildings and covers 7,800,000 square foot (720,000 square meters) of land. The complex exemplifies traditional Chinese palatial architecture and has influenced cultural and architectural developments in East Asia and elsewhere. You will have time to explore this awesome attraction in the company of a local guide, before a transfer back to your hotel.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sightseeing program
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- The approximate tour itinerary & schedule is for reference only, and may vary according to your travel date and group size
- The Itinerary & schedule is subject to change at the time booking order is confirmed
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you