Imperial Beijing Private Full-Day Sightseeing Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Explore the imperial monuments of Beijing
- Go to the Forbidden City and see the palaces of the Ming and Qing emperors
- Gaze in awe at the vast Tiananmen Square and feel the weight of history and clash of modern China
- Enjoy a typical Chinese lunch
- Wander the pagoda-lined park of the Summer Palace on Kunming Lake
- Pick up some bargains at a freshwater pearl market
Pick-up from your hotel in Beijing
Drop off at your hotel in Beijing
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts at Tiananmen Square, the beating heart and symbol of Beijing. The largest public square in the world, with space for up to 1 million people during public celebrations or gatherings, the square has been at the center of many historic - and controversial - events.
Continue to the Imperial Palace, better known as the "Forbidden City" to tour the largest and best-preserved palaces of imperial China. Your guide will take you on a journey through 500 years of history as you wander through the courtyards of the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Temple of Heaven
Your next stop is the 15th-century Temple of Heaven temple complex, where the Ming and Qing emperors used to pray for peace and good harvests.
Have lunch at a local restaurant
After lunch at a local restaurant, end your tour at the Summer Palace on Kunming Lake, and admire one of China's largest imperial gardens. Originally a royal garden and temporary dwelling for the emperors of the Qing Dynasty, the palace is now a lovely park of marble boats, enchanting bridges, ornate pagodas, and bronze statues of fierce dragons.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- English-speaking guide and driver
- Parking and toll fees where applicable
- Travel insurance
- Tips and personal expenses
- To book a child rate, children must be accompanied by 2 adults
- Child rates are restricted to children aged 2-11 years old
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you