Huanghuacheng Great Wall and Hongluo Temple Day Trip
Location: Beijing, China
- Hike the Huanghuacheng section of the Great Wall of China
- Immerse yourself in a landscape of mountains, ancient pine forest and the Huanghuacheng Reservoir
- Discover the origins of Buddhism in Beijing at Hongluo Temple
- Feast on a lunch of authentic Chinese food at a local farmer's house
- Learn the traditions of a Chinese tea ceremony
Pick-up from hotels in Beijing
Drop off at hotels in Beijing
What You Can Expect
Huanghuacheng Great Wall
Following a pick-up from your hotel at about 08:30, drive to the village of Xishuiyu, where the Huanghuacheng Reservoir is located. Walk along the wall as it follows the reservoir for 2 hours, enjoying different perspectives of the structure, built during the Ming Dynasty of 1368-1644. The flora is a special treat in the fall, and in the spring wildflowers cover the surrounding hills in a carpet of yellow. After your hike, go to a local farmhouse for a lunch of authentic Chinese food.
After your hike, go to a local farmhouse for a lunch of authentic Chinese food.
Then, it’s an approximate 1-hour drive to Hongluo Temple, where you will learn about the origins of Buddhism in Beijing. Enjoy the peaks of Hongluo Hill, covered in red leaves in the autumn. See as many as 10,000 ancient pine trees that are over 100-years-old on Qinglong Hill, making it one of the most important forests near to Beijing. End your tour at a local tea house and learn the etiquette of a traditional Chinese tea ceremony.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Parking and toll fees where applicable
- Sightseeing as mentioned
- English-speaking guide
- Travel insurance
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Entry fee for the main entrance
- Tips and personal expenses
- Please wear comfortable shoes and dress for the climate at the time of your tour
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you
well worth the money.
DeanHouston, United States | Dec 2, 2013
The tour itself was excellent, the only thing keeping it from suburb was the tour tour guide was not always respectful to our needs as older ttourists. We were left in dust several times.