Beijing: Mutianyu Great Wall & Underground Palace Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Visit the mausoleums of the Ming emperors at the Ming Tombs
- Walk along a section of the Mutianyu Great Wall of China
- Go to a traditional jade factory to learn how the jade products are made
- Enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch
- Take photos of the buildings built for the 2008 Olympics at the Beijing Olympic Park
Pick-up from your hotel in Beijing between 07:00 and 08:00
Drop off at your hotel in Beijing
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Beijing between 07:00 and 08:00, transfer to the Ming Tombs, collectively known as the “Thirteen Tombs of the Ming Dynasty.” Located approximately 26 miles (42 kilometers) north-northwest of Beijing city center, the site, on the southern slope of Tianshou Mountain, was chosen on the principles of feng shui by the Yongle Emperor (the 3rd Ming emperor). At present, only the Sacred Way (or “Spirit Way”), Chang Ling Tomb, Zhao Ling Tomb, and Ding Ling Tomb are open to the public. See the huge stone arch at the start of the Sacred Way, along with statues of guardian animals and officials. Marvel at the largest of the tombs open to the public (Chang Ling), along with the underground palace of Ding Ling.
Next, visit a jade factory to see how the famous jade products are made.
Enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch before heading to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China.
Mutianyu Great Wall
Take a walking tour along one of the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall, and enjoy the picturesque views of the surrounding hills and forests from the Watch Tower. You will have about 2 hours at the Mutianyu Great Wall, ending at approximately 15:30.
En route back to your hotel, stop to take photos of the extraordinary buildings constructed for the 2008 Olympic Games. Admire the National Stadium (“Bird’s Nest) and Aquatics Center (“Water Cube”) in the Olympic Park.
- Transportation by 22-seat, air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Traditional Chinese lunch
- A visit to 1 or 2 shops or markets is always included in a group tour, but you are not expected to buy anything
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you
EREZRISHON LEZION, Israel | Jul 26, 2015
נהננו מאוד מהמדריכה ומהקבוצה