Traditional Cooking Class at the Forbidden City
Location: Beijing, China
- Climb to the top of the Jingshan Hill in Jingshan Park to experience the panoramic view of the Forbidden City
- Watch the locals doing their exercises in Jingshan park
- Visit the local market
- Learn to cook traditional Chinese dumplings in a beautiful and private courtyard near the Forbidden City.
- Taste the dishes cooked by yourself
- Visit the Imperial Palace- The Forbidden City
Your hotel in Beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at your hotel and transfer to Jingshan Park which is known as one of the Imperial gardens in China. Firstly follow your guide on a leisurely climb to the top of Jingshan Hill to experience the panoramic view of the Forbidden City which is located at the south gate of the park. The view from the top which gives a 360 degree view of Beijing. Then you will follow your guide and watch the locals doing their morning exercises. You may join them or just watch. They are very happy to share the experience with visitors from other countries.
Chinese Cooking Lesson
After Jingshan Park you will visit a local market to buy vegetables for your cooking class. Some of the fruit and vegetables may be completely new to you. Later with with the help of a local chef you will learn how to cook tradtional dishes. Dumplings are a traditional Chinese food that is loved by everyone in China. It is the main food eaten on Chinese New Year’s Eve to wish for prosperity in the coming Year. Nowadays people can buy dumplings in the market, but home made dumplings always taste more delicous. The chef will also show you how to cook dumplings and two other Chinese dishes loved by the locals.
After the cooking lesson you will no doubt be hungry and it will be an appropriate time for having lunch. You will then be able to taste what you have made. It will be a memorable experience.
After lunch it will be time to visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City which will give you a deeper understanding of what the life would have been like for the Chinese emperors back in the Ming and Qing dynasty. Before going back to your hotel you will enjoy the tea ceremany at the local tea house.
- Transfer with guide to and from hotel
- English-speaking guide at all times
- Main entrance ticket to the tour site as per the itinerary
- Meal as per the itinerary
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you