Beijing: Forbidden City and Summer Palace Full-Day Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Experience the Maoist influence on modern-day China in Tian'anmen Square
- Explore the Outer and Inner Court of the Forbidden City
- Go to the Summer Palace of the Chinese emperors on Longevity Hill
- See where the emperors would pray for a good harvest at the Temple of Heaven
- Discover where Chairman Mao's body lies in state
- Enjoy a typical Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Learn about the traditions of Chinese medicine
- Visit a pearl market to bargain for unique souvenirs
Pick-up from your hotel in Beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
See the main imperial sights of Beijing on a comprehensive coach tour, starting with an early morning pick-up from your city center hotel, and a transfer to Tian'anmen Square. Marvel at the monuments that pay testament to China’s communist regime, and the Maoist influence on the nation's modern day history. One of the largest public squares in the world, Tian’anmen Square contains the monuments to the heroes of the revolution, the National Museum of China, and the Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, where Mao's body is embalmed.
Next, enter the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved of the imperial palaces. The Forbidden City was the Chinese imperial palace from the Ming dynasty to the end of the Qing dynasty (1420 to 1912), and the complex exemplifies traditional Chinese palatial architecture. You will have approximately 2 hours to explore along the central axis, from the south (Outer Court) to the north (Inner Court).
Temple of Heaven
Then, transfer to the Temple of Heaven, stopping to learn about traditional Chinese medicine along the way. Upon arrival at the Temple of Heaven, see where the ancient emperors prayed for peace and a good harvest in the medieval complex of religious buildings.
Break for a typical Chinese lunch in a local restaurant
Then, go to a traditional pearl market to shop for unique souvenirs. Continue to the vast complex of lakes and palaces at the Summer Palace, declared by UNESCO as “a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design.” Enjoy approximately 80 minutes to explore the pavilions, natural beauty of Kunming Lake, and palaces and temples of Longevity Hill, before the transfer back to your hotel in the city center.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets
- Typical Chinese lunch
- Tips to the guide and driver
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you
Little time in attractions and overtime in shops
EdnaPembroke Pines, United States | Sep 27, 2015
The tour was good and covered the main attractions in Beijing. The problem was that it was too rushed and we were always in a hurry and almost no time for pictures. On the other hand we visited two shops and stayed there for a long time on each.