Forbidden City, the Beijing Zoo and Lama Temple
Location: Beijing, China
- Take in the atmosphere at Tian’anmen Square, the world’s biggest central city square
- Visit the Forbidden City, the imperial palace that was the home of 24 important Chinese Emperors
- Visit the Lama Temple and take in the unique and relaxing Tibetan-style architecture
- Visit the Beijing Zoo to see the endangered giant panda in real life
Your hotel in Beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
You’ll meet your guide at your hotel who will bring you to Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City to experience some of the most amazing historical sites of one of the greatest empires in the world. These sites will help you understand just how impressive China’s history is, and you’ll be able to gain a deeper understanding of it with your tour guide’s explanations. In imperial China, only the Emperor, deemed the ‘Son of Heaven,’ was allowed to pass through the central meridian gate into the palace. However, today, you can also experience the majestic palace fit for Emperors first-hand.
To quench your thirst afterwards, taste traditional Chinese tea at a teahouse inside the Bell Tower. If you thought tea tasting was easy, just watch the intricate processes involved in boiling Chinese tea, a process that differs for each type of tea. At the teahouse, you’ll be able to sample a range of different Chinese teas. Following the teahouse visit,see the Lama Temple, the most celebrated Buddhist temple in Beijing and a temple of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism. It is one of the largest and most influential in China, and was the only temple to have been said to have survived the Cultural Revolution, and only reopened to the public in 1981. Take in the architecture and the oasis of calm amidst one of the most buzzing historic districts in the city, and enjoy the Tibetan thangkas, a traditional painting on cotton, or silk, depicting a Buddhist deity, scene, or mandala.
Visit the Beijing Zoo, where you’ll be able to see the endangered giant panda in real life. When they are not eating, they are generally napping and digesting all that bamboo.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide
- Main entrance tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop off service
- Additional snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you