Summer Palace, Giant Pandas at the Zoo, and Temple
Location: Beijing, China
- Explore one of the best preserved imperial gardens, the Summer Palace
- Visit the Beijing Zoo to see the endangered giant panda in real life
- Visit the Lama Temple and take in the unique and relaxing Tibetan-style architecture
- Enjoy all of these sites with the convenience of an English-speaking guide
Your hotel in Beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
First visit the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake within its boundaries, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
After that, you will be taken to a Silk Factory where experts will help you see the process of silk making, from silkworm to finished product. Your guides can also help you explain how everything is made, and it’s the perfect place to get some souvenirs for friends and families at home.
Following the factory visit, its on to the Lama Temple, the most celebrated Buddhist temple in Beijing and a temple of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism. It is one of the largest and most influential in China, and was the only temple to have been said to have survived the Cultural Revolution, and only reopened to the public in 1981. Take in the architecture and the oasis of calm amidst one of the most buzzing historic districts in the city, and enjoy the Tibetan thangkas, a traditional painting on cotton, or silk, depicting a Buddhist deity, scene, or mandala.
Following your visit to the Lama Temple, you will be taken to have lunch in an authentic Chinese restaurant
moving on to see the giant pandas at the Beijing Zoo, where you’ll be able to see the endangered giant panda in real life. Giant pandas (in)famously spend most of their day eating or digesting their food while napping.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide at all attractions
- Entrance tickets
- Additional snacks and drinks
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you