Best of Beijing Half-Day Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Experience the magnificence of China’s imperial history
- Learn about the making of Chinese silk at a local silk factory
- Hunt and bargain for almost anything at Hongqiao Pearl Market
- Enjoy a classic Chinese acrobatic show at Chaoyang Theater
- Savor a meal of Peking Duck,
your hotel in Beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Temple of Heaven
Constructed during the 15th Century and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the complex contains a number of religious buildings once visited by Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasty. Take your time to wander among the structures and examine the vivid colours and mosaic-style artwork embedded into the architecture. Situated in a large park, you will also see many local citizens engaging in music, dancing, exercises, cards, and other games. Don’t be shy – join in the fun!
Afterwards, learn about the history and manufacture of Chinese silk with a visit to one of Beijing’s principal silk factories. Witness the very process from the harvesting of silk using worms to the weaving of delicate finished silk products.
Hongqiao Pearl Market
The guide will then lead you through the vibrant Hongqiao Pearl Market. Popular among tourists and locals alike, the market offers just about everything you can think of – electronics, clothes, shoes, jewellery, art and crafts, and of course, pearls! Providing pearls to foreign embassies and other high-profile shoppers such as former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (no less than three times), the pearls on offer at this market are of exceptional range and quality.
In the evening, marvel at feats performed by talented Chinese acrobats at Chaoyang theater. With an aim to bridge Chinese traditional culture to the world, their performances have drawn an audience of over three million worldwide since their humble beginnings in 1984. Watch unbelievable acts of balance, dance, juggling, and more.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to all tour sites
- Dinner (food only)
- Food and Drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you