Beijing Highlights Full-Day Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Appreciate the unique architecture in the Temple of Heaven
- Join in, or just watch, as local citizens do their morning exercises inpark surrounding the Temple of Heaven
- Visit the Forbidden City, the imperial palace that was the home of 24 important Chinese emperors
- Explore one of the best preserved imperial gardens, the Summer Palace
- Taste Beijing Duck in an authentic restaurant
- Enjoy a Kungfu show at the Red Theater
your hotel in beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
You’ll meet your guide at your hotel, and go to Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City to experience some of the most amazing historical sites of one of the greatest empires in the world. These sites will help you understand just how impressive China’s history is, and you’ll be able to gain a deeper understanding of it with a tour guide’s explanation. In imperial China, only the emperor, deemed the ‘son of heaven,’ was allowed to pass through the central meridian gate into the palace. However, today, you can also experience the majestic palace fit for emperors, first-hand.
After that, go to a Silk Factory where experts will help you see the process of silk-making, from silkworms to finished product. Your guides can also help you explain how everything is made, and it’s the perfect place to get some souvenirs for friends and families at home. You’ll gain an understanding of the different qualities of silk, to make sure that you don’t get ripped off.
Temple of Heaven
After that, you will visit the Temple of Heaven a notable icon of the capital. The Temple of Heaven was a sacrificial complex for annual harvesting ceremonies during both the Ming and the Qing Dynasties. You can learn more about this in the museum accompanying the iconic temple.
You’ll have lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, and your guide will help to explain every dish that you will be served.
After that, you’ll be taken to the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
Dinner: Peking Roast Duck
Your dinner in the evening will be an unforgettable experience tasting one of the most famous cuisines: Peking Roast Duck (or you can also call it Beijing Duck).It is best known for its remarkable marinated duck,its crisp skin a rich amber hue, which you can wrap in tiny pancakes with plum sauce, cucumber, spring onion, and sometimes hami melon. Your guide will help you and explain the history of Beijing Duck, and how it is traditionally eaten in Beijing for the full experience.
After your dinner it’s time to enjoy a Kungfu Show. The 70-minute performance shows skilled performers demonstrating Kung Fu moves and styles from Shaolin Temple, considered to be the birthplace of Kung Fu in China. Lesser-known Kung Fu styles such as Contortion and Drunken Boxing are also showcased in a spectacularly choreographed display of Kung Fu movements and acrobatics.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide at all attractions
- Entrance ticket to the tour site as identified in the itinerary
- Meals as identified in the itinerary (lunch and dinner)
- Additional snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you