Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and Peking Opera Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Take in the atmosphere at Tian’anmen Square, the world’s biggest central city square
- Visit the Forbidden City, the imperial palace that was the home of 24 important Chinese emperors
- Explore one of the best preserved imperial gardens, the Summer Palace
- Enjoy a Peking Opera show at Liyuan Theater
your hotel in beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
You’ll meet your guide at your hotel, and go to Tian’anmen Square and the Forbidden City to experience some of the most amazing historical sites of one of the greatest empires in the world. These sites will help you understand just how impressive China’s history is, and you’ll be able to gain a deeper understanding of it with a tour guide’s explanation. In imperial China, only the emperor, deemed the ‘son of heaven,’ was allowed to pass through the central meridian gate into the palace. However, today, you can also experience the majestic palace fit for emperors, first-hand.
After that, go to a Silk Factory where experts will help you see the process of silk-making, from silkworms to finished product. Your guides can also help you explain how everything is made, and it’s the perfect place to get some souvenirs for friends and families at home. You’ll gain an understanding of the different qualities of silk, to make sure that you don’t get ripped off.
You’ll have lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, and your guide will help to explain every dish that you will be served.
one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
Peking Opera Show
fterwards it’s time to enjoy a Peking Opera show. The opera starts at the impressive Liyuan Theater at 19:10 every day. Come there 20-30 minutes before the show so that you will have a chance to see the experienced performers putting on their make-up in the dressing room. The Liyuan Theater has performed Peking Opera since 1990, and is one of the leading venues in the birthplace of opera, our capital city. Although Chinese opera has spread throughout the country, each city has their own twist to it. While you’re in Beijing checking out Peking Opera is an absolute once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. When the tour ends, you'll be taken back to your hotel.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide at all attractions
- Entrance ticket to the tour site as identified in the itinerary
- Meal as identified in the itinerary (lunch)
- Additional snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you