Badaling Great Wall and Summer Palace Full-Day Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Climb up to the top of the Great Wall at Badaling, one of the seven world wonders
- Explore one of the best preserved imperial gardens, the Summer Palace
- Enjoy the services of an English-speaking guide at all times for full background information and to help you answer any questions you might have
your hotel in beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Badaling Great Wall
In the morning you'll be collected from your hotel and taken to visit the Badaling Great Wall, the most centrally-located part of the Great Wall of China. Did you know that the Great Wall is the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from east China’s coast to west China’s desert? As you stand on the top tower and look at the wall snaking its way across the tops of the mountains, it’s incredible to imagine that once these walls protected the Chinese empire’s land from different invaders. The hike on Badaling Great Wall takes a total of 2 hours, and although the Badaling section is the most famous and best-preserved wall, it’s still wise to wear proper shoes and take extra water with you. The highest point at Badaling is some 800 meters above sea level, and there are cable cars available, although they are optional and not included in the tour price.
After you'll visit a Jade Factory to learn how this beautiful and traditional Chinese stone is found, carved, and what kind of objects are made using it, and how the quality differs. You can browse the objects and purchase some to take home as souvenirs if you like.
Following your visit to the factory, go to an authentic Chinese lunch at a local restaurant.
After that, you’ll be taken to the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide at all attractions
- Entrance ticket to the tour site as identified in the itinerary
- Meal as identified in the itinerary (lunch)
- Additional snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cable car fee to the Badaling Greatwall
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you