Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Tour
Location: Beijing, China
- Visit the Mutianyu Great Wall which is less crowded and more authentic
- Explore one of the best preserved imperial gardens, the Summer Palace
- The services of an English-speaking guide at all times for full background information and to help you answer any questions you might have
your hotel in beijing city center
Booking is instantly confirmed
What You Can Expect
Mutianyu Great Wall
In the morning get picked up from your hotel and take you to the Mutianyu Great Wall. Did you know that the Great Wall is the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from east China’s coast to west China’s desert? As you stand on the top tower and look at the wall snaking its way across the tops of the mountains, it’s incredible to imagine that once these walls protected the Chinese empire’s land from different invaders. This specific section of the wall was built in order to defend not only the capital, but also the imperial tombs lying in close proximity. The Great Wall at Muyianyu, located in Beijing’s Huairou County about 70 kilometers from Beijing’s city center, it is one of the lesser-visited parts of the Great Wall, but still restored enough for pleasant climbing. There is a cable car up, and there is also a tobbogan ride down, these are optional. The wall here is surrounded by amazing forests and greenery as far as the eye stretches.
Lunch at the local restaurant.
After lunch, go to a Silk Factory where experts will help you see the process of silk-making, from silkworms to the finished product. Your guides can also help you explain how everything is made, and it’s the perfect place to get some souvenirs for friends and families at home. You’ll gain an understanding of the different qualities of silk, to make sure that you don’t get ripped off.
After that, you’ll be taken to the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial garden in China. The site, which covers a total of 2.9 square kilometers and incorporates a huge lake, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi who effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
- Transfer with an English-speaking guide on board
- English-speaking guide at all attractions
- Entrance ticket to the tour site as identified in the itinerary
- Meal as identified in the itinerary (lunch)
- Additional snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cable car at the Mutianyu Great Wall
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you