Beijing Day Tour: Summer Palace, Zoo, and Lama Temple
Location: Beijing, China
- Discover the spectacular Summer Palace; a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See giant pandas and golden snub-nosed monkeys at Beijing Zoo
- Explore the artistic treasures at the Lama Temple
- Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant
Pick-up from your hotel. Please provide your hotel details.
Return to hotel
What You Can Expect
The tour starts at one of the biggest existing imperial gardens on the planet. The Summer Palace dates back to 1750 when it was used as a summer villa and meeting place for the Qing Dynasty elite. In 1860 it was burnt down by invading forces, but it has been perfectly preserved since its restoration almost 30 years later.
Enjoy a Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
Then head to Beijing Zoo to see the gorgeous giant pandas and other 950 species on display, many of which are rare and endemic to the country.
Then visit the Lama Temple, perhaps Beijing's grandest religious structure. Amongst the stunning gardens, beautiful tapestries, and intricate frescoes, the artistic highlight might just be the 26-meter high Buddha that has been carved from a single tree.
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Personal expenses
- Please note that at least 2 adults are required for the tour to proceed
- To book a child price (ages 2-11), the child must be accompanied by 2 adults
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you