Full-Day Tour of Leshan's Giant Buddha from Chengdu
Location: Chengdu, China
- See the Giant Buddha of Leshan, the largest stone statue of Buddha in the world
- Climb the Buddha and enjoy amazing views from the top
- Learn the fascinating history of the Giany Buddha at Lingyun Temple and Museum
- Drift past the Giant Buddha on a riverboat tour
- Explore the beautiful region of Leshan
We provide pick-up service to all hotels in Chengdu
We provide drop-off service to all hotels in Chengdu.
What You Can Expect
Giant Buddha of Leshan
Dating from the 8th century, the Giant Buddha of Leshan is the largest carved stone Buddha and the tallest pre-modern statue in the world. It was cut from the cliffs of Lingyun Shan in the hopes of calming the turbulent waters of the three rivers that flow together under its gaze. Stairs are carved into the cliff that connect the area at the Buddha's feet with the land above, allowing you to view this astonishing sight from a range of vantage points. Views are stunning over elbows and knees, taking in the river scene and Leshan's skyline. Upon arrival in Leshan, we have lunch at a restaurant within sight the Giant Buddha. We'll boat along the waters below to admire the view before climbing above. We'll then explore the Giant Buddha and enjoy fantastic views of the surrounding landscape from atop the Buddha's head.
Lingyun Temple and Museum
Wen then pay a visit to Lingyun Temple and Museum and get a deeper insight into the history of this amazing Buddhist site and learn the story of the carving of the Giant Buddha.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Admission fees to attractions
- Personal expenses
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you