Half-Day in Chegdu: Wuhou Temple, Du Fu Cottage, Chengdu Zoo
Location: Chengdu, China
- Explore a complex of temples at Wuhou Memorial, commemerating the ancient figures of the Three Kingdoms
- Experience Du Fu's Thatched Cottage; a huge park and museum that honors the Tang Dynasty poet Du Fu
- See China's national treasure, the giant panda at Chengdu Zoo
Pick-up from your hotel in the morning. Return point is your hotel, when the tour is finished.
What You Can Expect
Wuhou Memorial Temple
The tour begins at Wuhou Memorial Temple. Far from being just a simple temple, Wuhou is a whole complex of temples and statues commemorating figures of the Three Kingdom Period (AD 220-80). Wuhou Martial Marquis Memorial Temple is dedicated to Zhuge Liang, the Martial Marquis of Shu in the Three Kingdoms. Considered the personification of noble character and intelligence, many memorial temples were erected after his death. This particular one in Chegdu is one of them.
Du Fu’s Thatched Cottage
It is located west of Chegdu and covers 120 acres. The park and museum honors the Tang Dynasty poet Du Fu. Its extensive acreage offers some beautiful sightseeing, as it is adjacent to Flower Rinsing Creek (Huanhua Xi). In 1961 the Chinese government established Du Fu Cau Tang as a National Heritage site.
Finish the tour at Chedgu Zoo, because no visit to China is complete without a look at the giant panda, a national treasure.
- Transportation and entrance fees to all sites
- English speaking guide
- Personal expenses
- Tips to the guide and the driver
- At least 2 adults are required for this tour
- In order to book a child price ticket, 2 adults must accompany the child
- Child prices are from ages 2 to 11
- There are no public holidays that prevent this service from operating
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you