Half-Day Shanghai: The Essential Tour
Location: Shanghai, China
- Gain valuable insights into Shanghai from your expert guide
- Explore the Jade Buddha Temple with its exquisite Jade from Burma
- Enjoy a stop at the Xin Tian Di district with its trendy clubs
- Visit the Shanghai Museum for a look at ancient relics of the past
Pick-up from hotel in the morning
Return to hotel when finished
What You Can Expect
As your day begins, you will gain fascinating insight into these ancient marvels, and you will explore the classic sights from the Ming and Qing dynasties (1368 - 1912). The tour then makes a stop at the Bund, a showcase of pre-1949 architecture.
It's here that we can also explore the Shanghai Museum, known for its collection of rare and precious works from the Chinese empire.
After all this sightseeing, it's time for a little lunch, and we'll enjoy some fine Chinese cuisine.
Former French Concession District
After, we'll drive along the former French Concession District, which makes you feel as if you're driving along a glorious French boulevard. You're quickly brought back to Shanghai, however, with a visit to the Arts and Crafts shop, where you have the chance to purchase some traditional crafts.
Jade Buddha Temple
Finally, we reach the Jade Buddha Temple, with its magnificent jade statues from Burma. Your guide teaches you the significance of these Buddha's, before we head back into the modern world with a visit to the hip and happening Xin Tian Di district.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop-off, sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary. (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off and sightseeing program as indicated
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Parking fee & toll fee wherever applicable
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities,etc
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Traveler insurance
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you