Half-Day Tour: Shanghai Museum and Xintiandi District
Location: Shanghai, China
- Visit the Shanghai Museum - it conveys a cross-century portrayal of Shanghai
- See the Shanghai Xintiandi, which is a fashionable pedestrian street composed of Shikumen and modern architecture style.
- Visit the the former residence of Sun Yat-sen
Pick-up at Shanghai Hotel (hotel within city). Please advise hotel details.
Drop-off at Shanghai Hotel (hotel within city).
What You Can Expect
Situated in the heart of People's Square, Shanghai Museum conveys a cross-century portrayal of Shanghai, and is one of the most scenic spots in the city. The elegant construction perfectly combines traditional cultural themes with modern technological innovation. The building uses an artistic conception of a round dome (sky) and square building (earth). The collection boasts over 120,000 pieces of cultural relics in twelve categories, including bronze, ceramics, calligraphy, paintings, jades, numismatics, furniture, seals, sculptures, minority art and foreign art. The Shanghai Museum is especially famous for its collection of bronzes, ceramics, paintings and calligraphy.
Our next stop is the Shanghai Xintiandi discrict. It has become an urban tourist attraction that holds the historical and cultural legacies of the city. Shanghai Xintiandi is a fashionable pedestrian street composed of Shikumen and modern architecture style. Shanghai Xintiandi is unique because of its concept of construction. The external walls retain the antique designs, tiles and exteriors of the Shikumen housing of old Shanghai. On the other hand, the interiors embody a totally different world of international galleries, bars, cafes, boutiques and themed restaurants. When you walk into Xintiandi, you will get the taste both of Shanghai in the 1920's and the modern lifestyle of urbanites in the 21st century.
Former Residence of Sun Yat-sen
Then go to At No.7 Xiangshan Road, Shanghai. There stands a two-storey European-style building. It may not be that noticeable among the nearby tall buildings and mansions but it has won deep reverence and admiration from visitors since it was opened to the public in 1988. It is the former residence of Sun Yat-sen (also named Sun Wen), the great forerunner of the Chinese democratic revolution, the founder of the Republic of China and one of the most respected contributors to Chinese modern history.
- Lunch as mentioned in local restaurant with 1 glass of soft drink incl
- All transfers mentioned in the program in customary air conditioned car or mini-coach
- Sightseeing mentioned in the program incl. entrance fee （first entrance）
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel room and breakfast
- Chinese visa
- Any other surcharges that may be announced later
- Surcharges during the period of Shanghai F1 (Date is TBA)
- Unmentioned service
- Tipping for guide and driver
- 4 - 7 days prior to excursion – 50% cancellation charge
- 3 days prior to excursion – 100 % cancellation charge
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you