Shanghai Full-Day Tour with Lunch: Line 1
Location: Shanghai, China
- See the Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai’s most famous Buddhist site
- Take a walk along the waterfront and see the colonial-style buildings of the Bund
- Visit the Yu garden, dating from the Ming Dynasty
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant
Pick-up at your Shanghai city hotel
Drop off at your Shanghai city hotel
What You Can Expect
Jade Buddha Temple
Located in the western part of Shanghai, the Jade Buddha Temple is the city’s best-known Buddhist site. Admire the Buddha statues that are each carved out of a single piece of white jade. Still inhabited by monks, the temple comprises 3 main halls and 2 courtyards.
Next on your full-day tour itinerary is a visit to the Shanghai Museum, located in the heart of People's Square. The elegant construction perfectly combines traditional cultural themes with modern technological innovation. The museum’s collection boasts over 120,000 pieces of cultural relics including bronzes, ceramics, calligraphy, paintings, jades, numismatics, furniture, seals, sculptures, and minority art and foreign art.
After lunch, you’ll enjoy a stroll along the famous Bund before visiting the Yu Garden. The Bund refers to Shanghai's famous waterfront that stretches along the west shore of the Huangpu River, forming the eastern boundary of old downtown Shanghai. Today it consists of a marvelous promenade, perfect for a stroll along the busy river. On the other side of the river, casting the shadow of Shanghai's future over its colonial past, are the modern towers of the city's remarkable economic boom. Marvel at the skyscrapers of the Pudong New Area that include some of the world's tallest structures – the high-tech pagodas of the 21st century.
The Yu Garden, or Yu Yuan, located in the Town God Temple area of Shanghai, was built in 1559 by a high official of the Ming dynasty. The exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of the garden architecture are where the charm of Yu Yuan lies.
Your full-day tour ends with an evening acrobatics show at the Shanghai Center Theater. The troupe, founded half a century ago, is renowned in international circus acrobatic circles. In recent decades, the troupe has toured the world and won many competitions.
- All transfers by air-conditioned car or mini-coach
- Sightseeing as indicated in the description, including first entrance fee
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant (including 1 soft drink)
- 24-hour telephone hotline: +86 13911937430 (English)
- Hotel accommodation and breakfast
- Chinese visa
- Other surcharges (including those during the period of the Shanghai F1)
- Tips for driver and guide
- 4 - 7 days prior to excursion – 50% cancellation charge
- 3 days prior to excursion – 100 % cancellation charge
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you