Day Tour Xi’an Terracotta Warriors, Big Goose Pagoda & Banpo
Location: Xian, China
- Discover the Terra Cotta Warriors at Xi'an
- Visit the 6,000 year old Banpo Neolithic Village
Pick-up from your hotel at around 08:00
Return to your hotel at around 17:00
What You Can Expect
First you will visit the archaeological site of Banpo Village, built more than 6,000 year ago. Discover how the resident matriarchic tribe used to survive in the Neolithic age. The site hosts a collection of utensils and a reconstruction of the primitive buildings typical of the village.
Afterwards, continue to one of China’s most fabled attractions, the Emperor’s Terracotta Army. The size of a real army, the terracotta warriors and horses were buried 2,000 years ago alongside the Emperor in a vast underground palace. They were discovered by accident in the 1970s and constitute a spectacular monument to the power and resources of Imperial China, and to the religious beliefs that informed Chinese spirituality throughout the ages.
Giant Wild Goose Pagoda
The tour ends with a visit to the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda, built in the 7th-Century to house more than 1,300 Buddhist scriptures brought back from India by the monk Xuan Zang along the Silk Road.
- Transportation and entrance fees
- English speaking guide and service
- Lunch at a local restaurant en-route
- Tips to guide/driver
- At least 2 Adults are required for this tour
- In order to book a child price, children must be accompanied by 2 Adults
- Child price is limited to children ages from 2 through 11
- You will get our confirmation email
- You will get our electronic voucher
- Local operator will contact you
a trip to remember
AngelaWedmore, United Kingdom | Apr 27, 2012
A truly awesome exoerience. Our guide Sharon was delightful. Her English was perfect as was her knowledge of the history. Definately a must do with your own guide.